- slide 1 of 2
Outskirts Map Guide
In Call of Duty: World at War (also known simply as Call of Duty 5), there are currently a total of thirteen multiplayer maps of varied sizes in which you can go head to head against online opponents. This guide describes each map in detail, plus gives you some pointers as to where to find the best defensive locations and strike points for the map to enhance your chances. This is by no means a definitive guide, and I encourage you to find your own favorite spots within the map.
The Outskirts map is a great one for a large number of players because of its immense size and well developed layout. The premise of this map is that you are fighting in a large city area, so you have tons of buildings and houses to hide in. On top of that, the whole thing is built into the side of a hill. This large sized map does feature vehicles, but the hilly areas make tank shots kind of tough. The tanks that appear in this map come up in the upper left and lower right corners.
This is a really fun map when you have a lot of players, because it is so big and there are so many places you can go. Since it is laid out like a town, you have streets and alleyways for travel. Most of the buildings may be entered, and many of them have upper floors you can go into. This is one of those maps where you might want to find a comfortable spot somewhere along the outer edge where you can get a good view of the other buildings. It won’t be uncommon for you to get pegged by some enemy soldier hiding out in one of the many buildings that is available.
If you look at the top center of the map, you’ll see two parallel curving pieces, and these represent a stairway. It is pretty common to find a sniper somewhere on that stairway and covering the houses below, because that is a common spawn area. Other than that stairway, one place is about as good as another if you are looking for a good sniper spot. Just be careful to keep your back covered and don’t stay in one place for too long or else your cover will be blown.
Right in the center of the map you can make out a concentrated group of buildings and this is where most of the action takes place in the game. There are always enemy units moving around the outer part of the map, but it seems like most often the fighting is right there in the middle. The reason is simply because it’s too dangerous to stay out in the open for long. You can always travel around the outside border of the map, but even then the map is so large that it can be boring to spend that much time on foot.
Call of Duty 5: World at War Online Multiplayer Map Guide
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Airfield
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Asylum
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Castle
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Cliffside
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Courtyard
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Dome
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Downfall
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Hangar
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Makin
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Outskirts
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Roundhouse
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Seelow
- Call of Duty 5: World at War Game Map Guide - Upheaval